|Statistics on Biggest Employers in Pakistan|
Mar 20, 2013
Bahria Town, Biggest Employers in Pakistan, Business, Business Groups, ChenOne, Dewan Mushtaq Group, Lakson Group, Malik Riaz Hussain, Mian Mansha, Nawaz Sharif, Nishat Group, Sharif Group, Top 10
1. Lakson Group is a well known business group in Pakistan. This conglomerate was founded in 1954 and now it is run by Lakhani Brothers. It is composed of 19 companies and generates annual sales revenue of about 34 billion Rupees and has assets of about 14 billion Rupees.
Source: Statistics on the Biggest Employers in Pakistan (Infographic and list developed by InfoGraphicFile.com)
Top-10 Biggest Employers in Pakistan
List of Top-10 Biggest Private Sector Employers in Pakistan with an informative info-graphic about it.
Pakistan is world's 27th largest economy in terms of purchasing power and growing rapidly. Textile, Cement, Financial Services and Real Estate are largest private sector groups.
Although biggest employers are government departments e.g. Army, Railway, WAPDA, Police etc, however many private sector groups have grown up considerably with respect to number of employees, assets and annual turnover.
Below is a list of Top-10 Biggest Private Sector Employers in Pakistan with an informative info-graphic about it.
2. Dewan Mushtaq Group cover main fields of business; textiles, fibers, sugar and automobile. This group is made up of 15 companies and 6 of these companies are listed at Karachi Stock Exchange. It has annual turnover of US$316 million.
3. Nishat Group is founded and run by Mian Muhammad Mansha in 1951. This group has strong presence in Textile, Cement and Financial Services as well as market share in insurance, power generation, paper industry and aviation. 30,000 person are employed in this group. Nishat Mills Ltd, DG Khan Cement and MCB Bank are part of this group.
4. JS Group is a financial services group, founded in 1971. This group has about 23,000 employees.
5. Bahria Town is one of the largest real estate developers in Pakistan and the biggest housing society in Asia. It was established in 1996 by Malik Riaz Hussain. There are 20,000 employees, 200,000 customers and 100,000 dependant households on Bahria Town.
6. Chenab Group is one of Pakistan's leading textile group and one of the largest exporters of home textile products. This group was founded in 1974 by Mian Muhammad Latif. There are 7 companies under it; ChenOne, CGI Limited UAE, InterFab in Australia, ChenSoft, Chenab USA, ChenOne Worldwide and ChenOne Foundation. It have 12,000 employees.
7. Gul Ahmed Group operates in textile and retail industry. It was founded in 1953 by Haji Ali Mohammad. It has about 7,000 employees and has annual revenue of about US$300 million
8. Hashoo Group It was established in 1960 and is one of the largest business groups of Pakistan. Saddar-ud-Din Hashwani is the founder of Hashoo Group. There are 23 companies under this group.
9. Sharif Group was established by Mian Muhammad Sharif in 1939. There are 8 companies in this group.
10. Muller and Phipps Pakistan is the largest national distribution company in Pakistan founded in 1912. It operates in pharmaceutical, FMCG, hospital care and telecom distribution sectors. M&P Pakistan has a fleet of more than 800 distribution vehicles that covers more than 730 cities and towns of Pakistan.