Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) is responsible for formulation and implementation of fiscal policies, levy and collection of federal taxes. FBR also contribute/ assist in preparation of Federal Budget of Pakistan.
Now FBR accepted proposals for upcoming federal budget and has also developed a system for processing these budget proposals.
Below is brief procedure to file your proposal for Budget 2013-14.
Though every individual effected by policies made by government in annual budget but Businessmen are deeply concerned with budget as they also make their business strategies for the whole year based on tax and revenue policy. Businessmen, Traders and Industrialists registered with "Federation of Pakistan Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI)" and all its affiliated chambers and local industry can submit proposals for federal budget to FBR. The budget proposals for 2013-14 are meant to change any of the tax area.
You can give proposal for:
- Change in rules/ procedures
- Change in customs tariff rates
- Changes in customs act 1969
- Local industry giving proposals for protection/ concession
How to Submit Proposal for Budget?
- Download relevant proforma from given four annexures at FBR Website.
- Fill all the required data in the form. It must be prepared in MS Excel.
- Attach supporting documents with hard copy of proposal for justification of each proposal; verifiable data, research study or analysis reports, any earlier documents or correspondence and list of stakeholders to be involved in the discussion.
- Send customs budget proposal should be sent both in hard and soft form. Soft form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and in hard form at following address:
Secretary Customs Budget, Customs Wing
FBR House, Constitution Avenue, Islamabad