Read full article for details of this project.
Details of The Deal
- Total investment amount is US$35bn.
- It is proposed to build world's tallest building, an international city, a sports city, a media city, an educational and medical city, and miniatures of the seven wonders of the world in Karachi.
- Building to be construct in Karachi will be taller than Burj Khalifa Dubai (currently world's tallest building). Height of Burj Khalifa is 828m and it has 163 floors. Although construction details or design specifications of "building in Karachi" are not currently available but it must be taller than 828m.
- This project will be completed in 3 to 4 years.
- Name and site of the biggest building is not revealed yet however accoding to some News sources, site for the construction of the project would be KPT Island which is also known as Kutta Island.
- According to Dawn News, a seperate building of 125,000 houses is also part of the project.
Salient Features of The Project
- Electricity will be produced from sea water.
- A mega advanced water treatment plant would also be built to purify salty water of sea to make it drinkable.
- Project in Karachi will have its own Grid Station.
- This ill be first entry of Pakistan in tallest buildings of the world. According to Wikipedia, there is no Pakistani building listed in top-300 tallest buildings of the world.
- It will also be largest Skyscraper of Pakistan.
Effect on Economy of Pakistan
- Direct investment of US$45bn will be made in Pakistan. It will also cause indirect investment in the country.
- This deal will generate 2.5 million new direct and indirect jobs in Pakistan.
- About 55 local industries e.g. cement, iron, steel, glass etc will prosper and grow.
- It will revolutionize tourism industry of Pakistan.
- This investment will create soft and peaceful image of Pakistan and ultimately attract other investors for investment in Pakistan.
|Agreement for Construction of World's Tallest Building in Karachi|