How to get Sui Gas Meter Transferred on your Name

In case you have recently purchased a property; house, shop or office etc, or in case of death of the previous owner and now you want to get transferred it's Sui Gas Meter in your own name. This post will be very helpful to you in this regard. 

First of all, you have to clear all outstanding dues (if any) then you can apply for transfer of the gas meter in your name. Then visit your nearest regional/ sub-regional office of SNGPL with the following documents.

  • Application for change of name
  • Copy of last paid bill
  • Copy of property sale deed (duly attested) in the name of the new owner
  • Copies of CNICs of the present owner
  • An affidavit from the applicant that he will abide by SNGPL rules and regulations and shall be responsible for all dues regarding the gas connection. In case of joint ownership, NOC from all other present owners is also required. Sui Gas meter transfer form can be downloaded from SNGPL Website.

After the completion of the application process, it may take a month to affect the change of name in the consumer's bill.


  1. Asalm alikum sr kitna time lgta ha name chang hone par

  2. Asalm alikum sr kitna time lgta ha name chang hone per?

  3. AGR jis k name p meter lga ta aur us Ki death ho gi ho aur property transfer na hoi ho to phir Kaisy change ho ga plz tell

  4. R/ Representative,
    I want to change ownership of SSGC Meter, which is in the name of my cousin, now we are living at the said house, but we don't have any Documents of Home, but we have CNIC of current home address, now tell me that how I can change the ownership of the Meter???

    1. Dear sir,
      I am not representative of SSGC, I only provide basic information on various topics which might be helpful for Pakistanis here on my blog website. You should visit your local SSGC office for the said purpose.

  5. Koi mjy ye bta dy k meter name pr krwana hai form fill krne me help kr do

  6. Change of name on my Sui Gas bill. Will there be a fee?

  7. As our house was big and residing jointly, there was a Gas connection on the name of my brother, at present I have got separate my house and the Gas meter is on the name of my brother, so does I need of permission of my brother who is residing else where and he has got his new connection there ?