Government of Punjab is leading in the way to introduce new schemes related to students and proved to be very generous in these schemes. For example, Danish Schools and Laptop Schemes are two big programs of this government. Now Punjab Government has taken one step further by announcing yet another scheme with the name of "Ujaala Program".
200,000 solar home systems are purchased for Rs.2.5 billion, to distribute among talented and needy students of the government schools of the province. These standalone solar systems can provide uninterrupted DC power to lit its LED lights up to 18 hours and will help students to study during load shedding. Another main feature of this program is to develop awareness about solar energy to reduce depoendency on national grid and to improve environmental conditions.
- 2nd year students of government schools and colleges who got above 60% marks in first year
- 10th class students of government schools who got above 60% marks in 9th class
- Students of Danis Schools, Madaaris, TEVTA, Vocational Training Council, Special Education Schools and PEEF Scholars - on merit and need basis
Salient Features of Solar Home System
- Solar PV 30Watt
- Battery 12 Volt, 30Ah SLA Gel Type Battery
- Battery Charger
- LEDs 3x5W each of 100lumens
- Charge Controller 10A with LVD (low voltage disconnect)
- Load Limitter
- DC Wires with LED Holders
- Mobile Phone Charging Facility
- System autonomy 3 days
- Reverse Polarity Protection
For further information, contact with DCO of your district or comment in the below box.