Smart National ID Card by NADRA
Mr. Tariq Malik Chairman NADRA wrote in his column in Daily Express on 13 November, 2012 that it is the most secure identity card in the world. It is printed in multiple layers and each layer has its own security features. When this card placed on a machine reader, it first verify its data and then ask for fingerprints of the person to match with the fingerprints stored on card so it is impossible to misuse this card.
Salient Features of Smart ID Cards
- Chip based Smart Identity Card with 36 security features
- Multi-dimensional usage and services
- Social and financial inclusion programs
- State of the art encryption technology
- Live identification of captured fingerprints
- Easy pension disbursement
- Accidental death insurance of Rs.100,000 for 2 years
- Compliant with ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) Standards
- Data written on card both in English and Urdu which will be very useful for overseas Pakistanis and people who used to travel abroad.
- This card can not be altered, duplicated, forged or misused.
- It has name both in English and Urdu.
- It has Laser engraved photograph, Optical variable diagram, QR code and machine readable zone.