Pakistan Developers' Challenge 2012
Wi-tribe Bazaar offers a great opportunity for Pakistani Software and Mobile App Developers. Wi-tribe Bazaar is holding this contest, in collaboration with HEC Pakistan, Microsoft, Intel, Dell and P@sha, to encourage Pakistani Students and Developers. You can develop software for Microsoft Windows and mobile applications for Android, Nokia and BlackBerry.
How to Participate in PDC 2012?
Here are some basic guidelines to participate in PDC 2012:
- Click to read terms and conditions for PDC 2012
- Click to Register yourself with wi-tribe
- After registration PDC organizers will email you and ask you to send software and developer agreement to them.
- Your software will then be published on wi-tribe Bazaar for download, rating by public and promotion.
Categories for Developing Software and Applications
You can develop a software or mobile app for 1 of 9 categories having about 34 sub-categories. Here are some of the major categories and sub-categories:
- Anti Virus and Anti Spam Tools
- Communication (Chat and Instant Messaging, Email, Web/ Video Cams)
- Graphics (Animation Tools, Design Editors etc...)
- Internet and Networking (Browsers, Download Managers, FTP Clients etc...)
- Mobile Applications for Android, BlackBerry and Nokia
- PC Widgets and Gadgets
- System Utilities
PDC Prizes and Awards
PDC offers 17 different prizes based on the following categories:
- PDC 2012 Grand prize (Rs. 100,000)
- Runner up – Best Software (Rs. 50,000)
- Best Student Software (Rs. 30,000)
- Most Popular Software (Highest number of downloads) (Rs. 10,000)
- Highest Rating (Best ratings submitted) (Rs. 10,000)
Exclusive Jury Awards
- Best concept (Rs. 25,000)
- Best design and UI (Rs. 25,000)
9 Awards of Rs. 10, 000 for Best of Each Category
Biggest Contributor Institute Award
This Rs.100,000 award will go to an institute with highest number of submissions.
PDC also promises exciting opportunities for developers except above prizes.
If you are a developer or think that you can develop a software or application, you should come forward and must participate in this challenge. May be it can give a boost to your career.
Conducting such a challenge in Pakistan is a very good step and we should appreciate and encourage its organizers.
If you want to share your words with public, write it in the comments box below.