Voters Verification via SMS in Pakistan
Election Commission of Pakistan has launched SMS Verification Service of 85 million Pakistani Voters. Using this hi-tech service, voters can check his vote details within seconds from any part of the country while sitting in their house or office. This service would minimize the possibility of errors in the Final Electoral Rolls.
This is World’s Biggest SMS Verification Service of its kind. Apart from the display centers established by Election Commission of Pakistan for on spot verification of voter lists, this service may be considered as Virtual Display Centers.
Qualified voters can now verify the status of their votes in the new computerized voter lists prepared by Election Commission of Pakistan by just sending an SMS via their mobile phones. This SMS service is launched with the cooperation of all mobile phone operator companies in Pakistan.
The inauguration ceremony was held in the ECP Secretariat Islamabad.
How to Verify your Vote Status?
Send your CNIC # (without dashes) to 8300 from your mobile phone e.g. send “3570521982601” to 8300
You will receive a reply with following information:
- Your CNIC Number
- Electoral Area (District/Tehsil and City/Town/Village)
- Block Code
- Serial Number
- NADRA and ECP is also planning to add "Name of Polling Station" as well
- Reply message is likely to have some words in Urdu (Unicode). You may not be able to read the text message if your phone doesn't support Unicode.
- Voters’ name and home address are not sent via SMS to protect Voters’ privacy.
- SMS sent to 8300 will be charged at Rs. 2 + tax per SMS
- In case of any issue, voter should immediately contact district election commissioner to get his details corrected. ECP is also establishing display centres where voters can go for verification and correction of their details.