Yellow Cab Scheme
Government of Punjab has launched Yellow Taxicab Scheme for the unemployed people of province. 20,000 taxis will be distributed among qualified applicants. 40 percent quota has been allocated for 11 districts of Southern Punjab. Transparency of this project will be ensured by provincial government through computerized balloting in the presence of media.
According to details, 2500 taxis will be distributed every month so the total 20,000 taxis will be distributed in a period of eight months. Punjab Cabinet has approved Yellow Cab Scheme. Suzuki Mehran VX and Suzuki Bolan VX in green and black colors would be given to the eligible applicants on easy installments.
Also in the first PML-N government, Yellow Cab Scheme was introduced for the unemployed youth.
Suzuki Bolan and Suzuki Mehran are amongst the most popular vehicles in Pakistan due to their affordable price, fuel efficiency, lesser fuel consumption and lesser running cost. Moreover, spare parts of these vehicles are easily available everywhere.
Successful applicant will have to deposit 20 percent (approx 100,000 rupees) down payment at the time of delivery and the remaining amount in easy monthly installments without interest.
Intermediate or equivalent academic qualification
Age limit is 21 to 35 years
Applicant should have a valid driving license
Applicant is unemployed
Application forms are available from all branches of Bank of Punjab and Websites of BoP and Transport Department of Punjab.
Last date of application submission is July 30, 2011.
Following documents are required with duly filled and signed application:
- Attested copy of CNIC
- Attested copy of motor car driving license
- 02 recent Photographs duly attested
- Attested copy of Domicile certificate
- Latest Copy of utility bill (Electricity or Gas or phone or Water) of the applicant’s residence
- Attested copy of education certificates
- Affidavit (on Rs.20/- stamp paper) regarding unemployment status, having no default/criminal history and total assets not more than two Million
- Attested copies of CNIC and latest copies of utility bill (Electricity or Gas or phone or Water) of the both guarantors